The Baki family bought the property in 2001 with the hopes of creating a vineyard and winery with the help of their son, Kerem, who at the time was studying Enology in the Graduate program at Virginia Tech. The family began their dream by planting each vine by hand in 2003 and started serving their first wines out of tasting room that same year. Bora’s other son Tolga, assisted in the business development and marketing of the vineyard while ‘Momma Baki’, Zeynep, established the beautiful aesthetics you see today in the tasting room and gardens.
The Baki family quickly realized that they didn’t just create a vineyard and tasting room to enjoy their delicious wines but a wedding facility as well and today hosts more than 30 weddings a year.
Family Mission Statement
- We’re in the Happiness Business
- It’s our job to make and keep people happy with our products and amenities
- Hillsborough is a place where people can come to relax by enjoying the view, hospitality, and the wine
- If they are a customer, we want to give them a vacation
- We put ourselves in their shoes, and make it our privilege to take care of them